|Revision as of 20:09, 20 February 2009
Lee (Talk | contribs)
(→'''Washington DC Weather''')
← Previous diff
|Revision as of 20:10, 20 February 2009
Lee (Talk | contribs)
Next diff →
|Line 79:||Line 79:|
|'''Renting a Car'''||'''Renting a Car'''|
|-||We do not recommend renting a car since parking is limited and expensive. Even if you are staying in Virginia or Maryland, we recommend you stay in a hotel that is close to a Metro station or a hotel that has a shuttle to a Metro station.||+||We do not recommend renting a car since parking is limited and expensive. Even if you are staying in Virginia or Maryland, we recommend you stay in a hotel that is close to a Metro station or a hotel that has a shuttle to a Metro station.|
|== Washington DC Weather==||== Washington DC Weather==|
Revision as of 20:10, 20 February 2009
George Washington University
800 21st Street, N.W. Washington, DC 20052
One Washington Circle Hotel 
One Washington Circle, NW
Washington, DC 20037
800-424-9671 or 202-872-1680
Room rate per night: $239.00 plus tax (sales tax: 5.75%; hotel tax: 14.5%) for each night.
In order to obtain a guaranteed reservation at the contracted rate, all group members must call the One Washington Circle Hotel Reservations Department with a valid credit card number. The Reservations Department can be reached by calling (800)424-9671 or (202) 872-1680 and ask for reservations office.
Please ask the agent for: Group Name: CFP '09: Computers, Freedom and Privacy and/or Group Code: 412210 arriving on MAY 31, 2009.
Last date to make reservation: May 6, 2009
Please note that rooms are limited so please make your reservation soon. Once the rooms are full, you may still be able to make a reservation but at a higher rate.
GW Dorm Rooms
Single-occupancy GW Dorm rooms will be available on a first-reserve, first-serve basis. Check back here for information on how to reserve your dorm room. Please note that you will have to pay for the dorm room when you reserve it.
Cost: $75 a night.
After you have reserved your room, we will contact you with details regarding your reservation. Remember that with college dorm rooms, you may have to share bathroom facilities. Linen service will be available, but you should bring whatever toiletries or amenities you need to be comfortable.
DCA—Ronald Regan National Airport  is located in Arlington, Virginia. It is the closes airport to Washington, DC.
Transportation from DCA
- A taxi cab ride from DCA to the GW Marvin Center will cost $15-20, and will take 25-40 minutes, depending on traffic.
- WMATA Metro System . From terminals B & C (and via an Airport shuttle bus from terminal A), you can get to the Ronald Reagan Nat’l Airport Station, which is on the Yellow & Blue line. The Blue line will take you directly to Foggy Bottom, where the GW Marvin Center is located.
IAD—Dulles National Airport  is located in Chantilly, Virginia. It is 26 miles from Washington DC.
Transportation from IAD
- A taxi cab ride from IAD to the GW Marvin Center will cost $50-60, and will take 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic.
- Super Shuttle 
- WMATA Metro System . The closest metro station to IAD is West Falls Church on the Orange Line. Direct transportation to this station is available from the Washington Flyer Coach Service . For more information on the Washington Flyer Coach Service, please click here: .
- Metrobus Route 5A: Metrobus operates an express bus service between Dulles Airport and Washington, DC (L'Enfant Plaza) via the following stops: Washington Dulles International Airport, Herndon-Monroe Park & Ride Lot, Tysons-Westpark Transit Station, Rosslyn Station, L'Enfant Plaza Station
BWI—Baltimore/Washington International Airport  is located in Baltimore, Maryland. It is 35 miles from Washington, DC. A taxi cab ride from BWI to the GW Marvin Center will cost $70-80, and will take 1 to 1 ½ hours, depending on traffic.
Transportation from BWI
- Amtrak  to Union Station in Washington, DC.
- MARC Trains provide service to the BWI Rail Station, where free shuttles serve the airport terminal. To contact the BWI Rail Station, please call 410-672-6169.
- WMATA Metro System . Metro now offers BWI Express Metro bus service between BWI and the Greenbelt metro station.
- Super Shuttle 
WMATA Metro System
The easiest way to get around Washington, DC is the WMATA Metro System . Visit their website for information on fare costs, station locations, maps, how to plan your trip, and more.
In Washington, DC and particularly the Foggy Bottom area where the conference is located, taxi cabs are plentiful. They are all metered and typically accept cash.
Renting a Car
We do not recommend renting a car since parking is limited and expensive. Even if you are staying in Virginia or Maryland, we recommend you stay in a hotel that is close to a Metro station or a hotel that has a shuttle to a Metro station.
Washington DC Weather
In June, the weather in Washington, DC ranges from low 70s to high 80s. It will also be fairly humid and muggy. For the conference center, however, please dress in layers since room temperatures may vary.